It is National Chocolate Chip Day this Sunday! Who knew these lovely little morsels had their own day to celebrate! I love chocolate chips and so does my 3 year old, I sometimes catch him sneaking some out of the fridge!
In honor of the celebration I decided to make the yummiest chocolate chip cookies. I found the recipe on the unegaminedanslacuisine blog and I changed it slightly as I am not a fan of peppermint, but crème de menthe .
My husband prefers these without any extract and they do not last long around here so you may want to double the recipe.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 cup of butter at room temperature (I usually microwave mine for 10 sec. as I never remember to take it out early!)
1/2 cup of tightly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 tsp. of mint extract (optional)
1 cup of dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
Method:
In a medium bowl, gently stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a larger bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid mixer), beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). On low speed, slowly add the beaten egg and crème de menthe extract. Beat to combine, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add the flour mixture and beat just until there are no more streaks of flour. Add in the chocolate chips.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
Preheat the oven to 375F.. Scoop out well rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll them into balls.
Bake for 8-9 minutes for soft cookies. If you prefer crispier cookies increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before removing.
This is a small recipe; it only makes about 18 cookies. Store in an airtight container or in a food storage bag to maximize freshness.








looks delish! thanks for partying with whipperberry!
ReplyDeleteKisses
I totally missed out! I had no ideas there was a National Chocolate Chip Day- it's my favorite cookie and I will come up with any excuse to make them- I am going to use this excuse today! I would love it if you shared it for Workshop Wednesday!
ReplyDeleteyummy! Would love for you to stop by to visit me... http://bestpartofbelieveis.blogspot.com/ I am your newest follower!! Hope you follow back!!
ReplyDelete~ Nikki
Delicious! I liked them so much that I featured you in my bi-monthly "stuff I like" post.
ReplyDeletehttp://charlottelaughs.blogspot.com/2011/07/another-round-up-july-edition.html
Thanks!